To apply for a Student Aid Foundation loan, please complete the application below completely and accurately. You may choose to complete the application in one or multiple sessions. Be sure to save your entry. Please review the application checklist further below to ensure you have fulfilled all application requirements.
Loan applications will be accepted between February 1st and April 30th this year for loans beginning in the Fall Term of the same calendar year (and for Spring and Summer Terms of the following calendar year). Additional applications may be considered in the event that funds are available after the initial application period has passed please contact us to inquiry.
In addition to submitting this online application, make sure you have provided the following items correctly to complete your application. Only complete applications will be processed and reviewed for approval.
1. Most recent transcript(s) portraying 2 years of academic history at a minimum. For example, if you are a college freshman and applying for a loan for your sophomore year, you must send a college transcript and an high school transcript. Transcripts for new applicants must be official and received directly from the institution via electronic/online method or traditional mail. Transcripts are not accepted if received from the loan applicant.
Exception -- Re-applicants are not required to provide their high school transcript again.
2. Review qualifications here (qualifications page) to ensure you meet them.
3. Check loan limits listed here (qualifications page) and make sure you are requesting the appropriate amount. Remember loans are for one school year at a time. You must re-apply each year.
4. Reference request are due back before your loan may be reviewed. Please advise your references that a quick turn around may be required based upon your application submittal date. Loans are reviewed and finalized in mid to late May.
For Re-applicants Only:
1. High School transcript is not required.
2. Photo will not be requested in the online application.
3. Essay will not be requested in the online application. However, if there are special circumstances you may wish to send a formal email (email@example.com) explaining any key details that would be valuable to the Loan Review Committee upon review of your application.
4. References will not be requested in the online application.